May 5, 2012 1 Comment
In case you are wondering what “30×30” means, a brief catch up to you: On my 29th birthday in January, I wrote a list of 30 things I wanted to do before I turn 30 in January 2013. Call it a less-depressing bucket list, if you may. But really, if you look at the things on the list, you’ll be like, “Really Slick?! You’ve never tailgaited?! Get to it.”
Hence, the list.
So here’s the list again…with some annotations.
- Cook 7 days worth of new dinner recipes in a row straight. (This will be happening 7 WEEK nights in a row, scheduled for May 14-18, 21-22. Stay tuned. : ))
- Save $1000…and don’t blow it. (Uh. Further than where I was in January but back on track.)
- Drop 50lbs. (Haven’t weighed myself in a bit, but I think I am on track…)
- Tour a brewery.
- Attempt to waterski.
- Order a steak rare in a restaurant. (Maybe during Devour Downtown?)
- Watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
- Learn all the words to Shake That by Eminem and Nate Dogg…and then dazzle the people at karaoke with it. (Or, I will take suggestions for a new song to sing and perform…)
- Finally learn to Soulja Boy, er I mean, Dougie. Or maybe the Thriller dance. (Planned. : ))
- Learn how to butcher a whole chicken.
- Watch the entire series of M*A*S*H.
- Read a “classic” novel. (By an author I haven’t already read…)
- Visit a haunted house. With Jenny…that’s the rule. (Also planned. )
- Try yoga.
- Write a children’s book about Evan.
- Ask a guy out. (I’m gonna go ahead and say I kind of sort of did this. Long story. Details needn’t be hashed out online.)
- Do 10 “regular” push ups. (Oh lord I haven’t even tried this yet…)
- Play with fireworks.
- Play blackjack in a casino. DONE! When I visited my aunt in Detroit in March, we went to Greektown and I WON $85!!!!
- Participate in a flash mob. (Scheduled : ))
- Run a 5k. (Currently training.)
- Eat at Fogo de Chao. (Perhaps for another Devour Downtown thing…)
- Grow and eat my own vegetables. (Shoot…I better get on this…)
- Stay up all night to see the sun rise.
- Be on TV. DONE! Thanks to my partnership with www.doitindy.com, I was able to fill in last Saturday and be on Fox59.
- Go to a Rocky Horror Picture Show screening.
- Take a road trip by myself. DONE! Michigan was the longest I’ve ever travelled by myself…good times.
- Perfect scrambled eggs.
- Play flag football.
Well, 4 out of 30 isn’t bad, right? I best be gettin’ to it! 7 and a half months!